This blog is about my private venture into having Mr. John (Poshgoblin) Pickford doing me a small range of 28mm dwarf miniatures that will fulfill my personal need for more dark, sinister and vicious dwarfs.

Thursday 7 June 2012

The Miniature Adventure: Johann


Last summer, when the "miniature adventure" was still rather vague and mostly ideas in my head (and perhaps a few "enthusiastic" emails to John) a little vicious dwarf got born.

For a long time, John had been speaking about trying out the evil dwarf theme, but always telling me about the lack of time to do personal projects - but suddenly - out of the blue air - came this little beauty, in June 2011:





And, if there was any doubt left in my head (whether to commission John or not) I must admit, that seeing this little character made my decision final. Really wanted a set of miniatures with exactly that "feel" - and was now a 110% sure, that John was "the right guy" for the job.

However, my project was to create a set of multi part core warriors, so this spectacular character didn't really suit my purpose looking way to heroic, so I hesitated a bit when the miniature was offered to me, but it didn't take long to convince me otherwise :-)

So in my box of crisp greens (or browns, as John use a mix of green and brown sculpting putty) came "Johann":



Johann is sculpted without a beard/long beard to allow the breast plate to be seen. But as most people fancy bearded dwarfs a little separated beard piece has been made. And the shield ... wow! The shield, is a little piece of art on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.